Terms & Conditions
- The property is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by the owner to the renter ("the client").
- To reserve the property, the client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due).
- The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 5) is payable not less than six weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the owner is able to relet the property. In this event, clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within six weeks of the start of rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period should be settled locally with the owner or their representative before departure.
- A security deposit of £100 for the rental period is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the client's liability to the owner. The owner will account to the client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
- Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the owner is able to relet the property and any expenses or losses incurred in doing so will be deducted from the refundable amount. The client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc. since these are not covered by the owner's insurance. The client will indemnify the owner from any loss, damage or injury sustained by the client or member of party during the rental period, unless due to the wilful negligence of the owner.
- The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
- The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed the number advertised. Please note that we cannot accept any pets.
- The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in our prices, the owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. The client also agrees not to act in any way that would cause disturbance to those resident in the neighbouring properties.
- The client shall report to the owner or representative without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment, plant or machinery and appliances in the property or garden, and arrangements for the repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- The owner shall not be liable to the client:for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property, or garden;for any loss, damage or injury that is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owner;for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property should be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the owner shall, within seven days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- Under no circumstances shall the owner's liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the owner for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and will be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.